Monday, May 05, 2008

Made To Stick.

Saw "Iron Man" with my daughter - I must admit, liked it more than I thought I would. Good popcorn movie. Could have used more action though.



Right now, I'm reading "Made to Stick". Great book! If you present any material - at church or at work - this would be a great resource. The question the book pursures is this - what makes ideas stick and others disappear? As a minister, I want my ideas to "stick"!

The six traits of a "sticky" idea are: (1) Simplicity, (2) Unexpectedness, (3) Concreteness, (4) Credibility, (5) Emotions, (6)Stories. (SUCCESs). I'll give you a full review when I finish the book.

Also, I've quit reading "Pillars of the Earth". I was trying to avoid the scenes in the book where Follet goes into great detail in the sex scenes, but I felt that I couldn't read it and keep my purity. Plus, the scenes were getting more frequent. Maybe by me reading it I am encouraging others to read it.

Looking forward to the new Baldacci book "The Whole Truth". Should be a good summer read. Always enjoy his books. I've got it on hold at the library.

1 comment:

The Tuckenator said...

Got some popcorn? What's in store? Here's a few I found that might look good...

Iron Man (out now/enjoyed)
Speed Racer (out now/enjoyed)
Prince Caspian (16 May)
Indiana Jones (22 May)
Mongol (6 Jun) Life Of Genghis Kahn
Harry Potter (21 Nov)
Batman/Dark Knight (18 July)
Journey 2 Center Of Earth 3D(8 Aug)
Incredible Hulk (13 Jun)