Thursday, November 09, 2006

God Hears Sermons!

More on Ted Haggard . . . . I gathered today with my monthly pastor's group. Greg Johnson played the CD of the Haggard's last sermon at New Life Church. Since they preach through the Bible verse by verse, Haggard , as fate would have it, was preaching on Saul being dethroned because of his sin. Haggard says, "God will dethrone you... he still loves you as a person, but he will take away your position."

God does listen to our sermons!! Now we can add a verse to our VBS song. "Be careful little preacher, what you preach. Be careful little preacher what you preach. There's a Father up above, and He' s looking down in love, so be careful little preacher what you preach."

We had a powerful time of prayer lifting up Ted Haggard, his family, the New Life Church, and all those who are now discouraged from pursuing a life with Christ.

Remember, Jesus reinstated Peter after a huge blunder. He could do it again. Are you okay with that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Randy, you say that Jesus reinstated Peter after a huge blunder and ask; are you okay with that? I am totally okay with that. We are all sinners. I think that you recommended: "12 Steps for the Recovering Pharisee (like me)." I'm all over that! We all blunder, we are all sinners...I pray for Mr. Haggard and I pray for us all!