Tuesday, December 04, 2007

50 new people in 2 months!

Go to livechurchtv.org and check out Greg Groeschel's blog on "40 Things I Wish Pastor's Would Have Told Me When I Was 20". Classic! He's up to number 20. If you are a pastor (minister), this list will resonate with you!

Trying to get my One Year Bible reading up to speed. I got really behind during our construction on the new building. Don't know if I'll make it up; but I'm going to give it the ole college try.

We've been in the new building for about 2 months. So far, we've gained about 50 new people! We've got our guest services going full throtle; our follow up is going great; getting our 101 back on track. I've been preaching on "Simple Church" and the reaction has been incredible!

Now, we are trying to get most, if not all, invovled in a small group. We have an ice cream social with our newcomers planned for this Sunday. They will meet all the elders and the ministry team leaders. We follow up with a 101 seminar in the new year.

Who will the Hogs hire to replace Huston Nutt? I'm hearing Tommy Bowden from Clemson. Boy, I would not be excited about that hire. Give the job to Chris Peterson from Boise, or Gus Mulzhan - and see what happens! Take a chance!

No comments: