Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm back!

Spent the last week in Dallas doing some odd jobs around my mother's house. It was great to spend a few days with her and eat some good "tex-mex". Some things are just worth the calories! I forgot how much I miss a good cheese enchilada smothered in queso.

Then, I went to Oklahoma City to pick up my daughter at Oklahoma Christian. We cleaned up her apartment (so she could get her deposit back), then hit the road for 20 hours.

Boy, it's good to be home! Seeing those snow covered mountians were a sight for sore eyes.

Working on my sermon series for this summer. We're doing a CBS - combined Bible study - our sermons, adult classes and small groups will evolve around the theme "Psalms in the Summer". Should be a great way to spend our summer!

_________________________________
Six Razorbacks were taken in the NFL draft. Felix Jones went to the Cowboys! I'm not excited to see Darren McFadden in the Raiders uniform. Oh, well. I'll be a McFadden fan but will continue to hate the Raiders.

2 comments:

The Tuckenator said...

Saw you picked up Orlando Scandrick (Boise State!) and we picked up another Razorback (def not a bad thing!) Peyton Hillis. If he often paved the way for McFadden n Felix he should be great in Denver!

Randy said...

Hillis was a steal in the 7th round. Can't believe he was still available. He's fast, has great hands, great blocker. I think he will have a great career with Denver. BTW, the Broncos are my team in the AFC. Cowboys in the NFC. I like the Colts, too.