Monday, June 09, 2008

Top 20 Favorite Books

Here is my list of Top 20 favorite books. Feel free to add to or take away! (I did cheat a little -some have multiple books counted as "one"book. For example, the Ken Gire "Moments" series.) -- Randy

1.) Pour Your Heart Into It by Howard Schultz
2.) Your God is Too Safe by Mark Buchanan
3.) Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli
4.) Confession of a Pastor by Greg Greschel
5.) Visioneering by Andy Stanley
6.) Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
7.) Unnstoppable Force by Erwin McManus
8.) Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
9.) I Just Want To Be A Christian by Rubel Shelly
10) Disappointment With God by Philip Yancey
11) Working the Angles by Eugene Peterson
12) 7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley
13) No Wonder They Call Him Savior by Max Lucado
14) Moments With Savior series by Ken Gire
15) Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
16) If You Want To Walk On Water, You've got to Get Out of The Boat by John Ortberg
17) Wild Men, Wild Alaska by Rocky McElveen
18) To Dream Again by Robert Dale
19) God Came Near/On the Anvil by Lucado
20) Houdini Solution by Ernie Schenck

Others: The Imitation Of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis, My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers,

5 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

Can I suggest one to try?
"Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action fantasy adventure, and if you like Frank Peretti's plots featuring angels, and the fantasy elements of the Narnia series, it might be a good read. For excerpts, you can check www.threeswans.com.au and read the sample chapters. I would love it if you read and enjoyed it, but in any event I wish you well as a brother in the Lord. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you want to visit. I too am a Christian, and try to be a missionary where I am. Blessings.

Randy said...

Andrew, I'll check it out! Thanks for the recommend. I'm always up for a good read.

Unknown said...

I personally prefer Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller over Blue Like Jazz. But I like both.

Randy said...

I like both as well.

CoopMiaLivvyDad said...

What about Geriatric Psychiatry by Dan Blazer?

I appreciate this book list, Randy. There are a few I've never heard of. Daylight lasts so long out here that I've got to add to my reading list. This'll help!