Monday, August 25, 2008

catching up!

Haven't blogged in a while, so let's catch up with each other! Had a good summer. Our big trip was to Oklahoma City for a wedding back in June. Spent a few days with my mother in Garland, Texas doing fix it jobs around her house. Just took my oldest daughter back to Oklahoma Christian for her senior year.

Been listening to "The First American" by H.W. Brands on the iPod. Part one is 19 hours! A very enlightening look at one of the most interesting people in our country's history. Right now, I'm reading several good books. "Countdown to Sunday" by Chris Erdman. The subtitle "A daily guide for those who dare to preach" caught my attention.

Really enjoying "If You Lived Here I Would Know Your Name" by Heather Lende. It's a book about small town life in Alaska. The woman writes the obits for the paper. The book is full of their stories. Good stuff.

I'm in the second book of the "redemption" series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley.
Just finished "Child 44" about a murder mystery in Russa. I found it interesting to learn about Russa culture during the cold war.

The Dark Knight and Get Smart were my favorite movies of the summer.

Your favorite books/movies of the summer?

No comments: