Friday, August 29, 2008

Programs you can't live without?

Just downloaded the sountrack to "John Adams" on the iPod. Excellent! Great study music. I'm one of those who has to have something on all the time. You?

After a lot of my friends have been updating their Plaxo, I decided to use it myself. Anyone else use Plaxo for their calander, contacts, etc.? Do you like it? Dislike it?

What's the programs can you not live without on your computer? For me, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, NIV Bible Study, Palm Desktop, Google Images, iTunes would be on my must list.

College football season is here! Finally! Can't wait to see what Bobby Petrino does with the Hogs this season. With 26 freshman getting significant playing time, could be a rough year for the Razorbacks given their schedule. The upside will be in a year or two! Oh, baby. Just hope we can keep Petrino that long!

Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend. I have nothing planned, and I hope it stays that way. Time to watch some football!

3 comments:

John said...

Hey Randy -

I promised a comment on your last post on summer reads, I'll get to that later.

Plaxo - I've never been a fan only because I had so many "so and so has joined Plaxo" messages to the level of spam. They seem to have stopped that.

Apps I highly recommend:

A lot of Google stuff - no surprise
- gmail
- Google Documents - share word, excel and other documents online
- Google Calendar
- picasa for photos
- picasa web albums
- Google earth
- Google Reader (look for the tab in your gmail - subscribe to RSS feeds, this is how i keep up with your blog now and many more). This is my newest favorite tool from Google.

Firefox for web browsing - there are so many handy plug ins.

Facebook - my class reunion was organized on Facebook.

Pidgin - a multi service chat tool, allows you to chat on AOL, Yahoo, Google all with one tool.

VLC media player - a free tool that plays about anything.

iTunes - I'm with you on that one.

Tivo!! - not a computer app, but I can transfer stuff from Tivo to my computer and copy the shows, you know, like John Adams to DVD for later viewing.

biblegateway.com - the best online bible tool.

Randy said...

John, You are the tech geek that keeps me "in the loop". Thanks! I'll check some of those out.

Trent Smith said...

Randy,

Visiting your church today, thought I'd look up Southside first before I visited, found your blog. LOVE John Adams soundtrack. I just received the DVD of the musical that just came in. Saw the play up in Logan, you would have loved it if you like its music.