Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Favorite Halloween Candy?

Seeing my daughters come hom Monday night with their haul of candy brought back memories of me and my two brothers coming home with our sacks full of sugary sweets. We would put them by our beds and eat all night. (No wonder we woke at 3 am with stomach aches).
But this leads me to the question of the day. In seeing the candy spread out over the living room floor - my daughters put the candy in piles - one pile is their favorites; one pile is to be eaten after all the favorites are gone - the third pile is for daddy (translation: all the stuff they don't like). In my stack are things like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Baby Ruth, 3 Musketeers Bar, Milky Way (dark), Whoppers. (I remember eating whoppers out of milk carton container. Do you?) How did I rasie kids who don't like the good stuff?
Here's the question: What is your favorite candy? Give me the "discard" pile any day, and throw in a Snickers . How bout you?

2 comments:

Matt Warren said...

I used to love "Whoppers" in the milk carton. I have to say one of my favorite kinds of candy is "Nerds". Especially when they come in the box with two different flavors.

Dave said...

Bazooka Joe was a favorite of mine for many years.

It's good to see you blogging again!