Monday, February 11, 2008

a 2nd mile attitude

I've been a part of a prayer accountability group for a few years now. A part of the covenant is that we pray for an hour a day. Recently, one of our guys has raised the bar. Here's what he is doing - and he challenged the rest of us to do the same. He has an hour of private prayer and day and is aiming for an hour of corporate prayer a day. (He is defining corporate prayer as praying with at least one person).

Beginning this week, I am taking on the challenge myself. It will be a challenge. I have a prayer time with my shepherds on Monday night. Wednesday mornings I pray with some men. Beginning last week, a few of us now pray on Thursdays. SO - I've got to find some people who will pray with me for at least one hour on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

The early church met everyday -- why can't we?

I also go from walking a 1.5 miles to 2 miles a day!

What are you doing to "step up" your game this week?

No comments: