Friday, February 15, 2008

More Snow!



It snowed a foot at my house on Wednesday night. Between my driveway and the church's sidewalks - I spent a good part of my Thursday shoveling the white stuff.

Have two books to recommend. First, "Between Sundays" by Karen Kingsbury. Using the NFL as the backdrop, Kingsbury reminds us it is what we do between "games" (i.e., assemblies) that matters. Second, "The Shack" is a book I'm currenlty reading. Great read. Both men and women would like both of these novels. Both will be read by our Southside book club.

I've been reading books on Powerpoint lately. One of my goals is the mark of excellence in everything I do - including powerpoint! It has increased the congregations attention to the sermon. Whether we like it or not, we live in a media driven world. You may have noticed the media focus even on this blog with the music in the background. I may be 50, but I'm trying!

I just heard that 50 is the new 40. Amen!

I hope and pray that you and your congregation are lights set on hills!

No comments: