Saturday, January 10, 2009

A movie, a sermon, a goodbye

Rented "Ghosttown" last night. It came highly recommended by my secretary. When I heard it was from the creators of "The Office" - I was in. It's very funny, but that's not why I liked it. It has a very good moral to the story. Do you yourself a favor and rent it.

I'm exicted about tomorrow's sermon. We're talking about the universe and how big God really is. If God really is that big, is He "big" enough to take care of you and your problems? Part 2 is how small we are - is next weeks sermon. I was inspired by some talks by Louie Giglio. Should be fun to see the children's eyes when we show some eye popping powerpoint slides on the universe.

What I'm not looking forward to is saying good-bye to my daughter who heads back for her final semester at Oklahoma Christian. A month for Christmas break just isn't long enough. We just got used to her being back - when she goes back! Saddest of all is our eight year old who just loves her oldest sister.

Did I call the championship game or what? Now, I did think it would be higher scoring than it was, but I did believe that Florida was the better team.

A four hour season premier of "24" this Sunday and Monday nights!! Can't wait!

No comments: