Monday, February 28, 2005

be careful little ears what you hear

Was driving my five year old daughter to preschool last week. We usually listen to KLOVE or to contemporary Christian music - but on this particular morning I thought I would get a bit of sports news, so I grabbed the knob to turn the station. After all, I looked in the mirror to see Hannah playing with her doll. Right then - a song came on KLOVE "Open the Eyes of My Heart" I think it was - right then I heard her little voice start singing along! The next song was her favorite - the FFH song, "Fly Away". She sang every word while continuing to play with her doll.

Needless to say, Hannah and I had a great time of worship in the car. It reminded me of the power of music on a little heart. She has heard those songs over and over. The words have pentrated her little heart. It also reminds me that our little ears are listening, even when we think they've tuned out.

The eyes of my heart were opened! Parents, lets be wise to use whatever we can to pour Christian values into our children so one day they will fly away! That's the only score that counts!

No comments: