Monday, October 09, 2006

N-N-Notes From Randy

Had a GREAT weekend!! Went to a Beth Moore Conference with my wife. That woman can preach, my goodness. Good to see 5,000 women (well, 4995 women and five men) gather in the E Center in Salt Lake for a Christian event. We took a group of 70 from Southside.

Then, went home to watch the Hogs destroy Auburn, 27-10. Great game. Probably saved Houston Nutt's job. Our freshman quarterback, Mitch Mustain, did an outstanding job of handing off to America's best backfield - Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. Now we are ranked for the first time since 2003. GHG! (Go hogs, Go!).

Now, I realize that I forgot to explain why I've titled the blog "n-n-notes from Randy". I have a slight stutter. (okay, that might be generous). Back when I was a youth minister in El Paso, that's what I called my space in the church bulletin. I thought it was kinda clever. Good story -- there was a church in New Mexico that copied all our artwork from our bulletin in their bulletin. Every week. When I started calling my column "n-n-notes" -- sure 'nough. In their bulletin the next week, in their church announcements, was "n-n-notes" (they had cutt off the "Randy"). Bet they had some 'splaining to do!

And oh, the Cardinals laid the Padres to rest to go to the NLCS. Go Red Birds!

Thanks Greg for sending the preview to "Facing the Giants" movie. Can't wait until it comes to Salt Lake.

No comments: