Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Books on heaven

I'm trying to figure out where "LOST" is going. I confess to being, uh, lost most of the time. I have given up on "Heroes". Just got too confusing. "24" is off to a great start!

I've been challenged by the thoughts Randy Alcorn expressed in his best seller "Heaven". I will now read "Surprised by Hope" by N.T. Wright. I'm teaching a class on heaven this spring at Southside. If you know of a good book concerning heaven, please pass it on. I would love to read it for preparing for this class. I've been surprised by the lack of books on this wonderful subject.

I will say this - my traditional understanding of heaven has been challenged! I've got a mouthful of wonderful thoughts to chew on.

2 comments:

Dave said...

NT Wrights book really rocked my world. A lot to chew on for a simple mind like mine.


LOST is great. Think wormhole (The Steven Hawking kind), when you think about the island moving through space/time. It might help a little.

I thought the past two weeks of HEROES were the best since the first season. Their time travel, however, does not work well in their story.

24 is brilliant as always.

I'm glad you dig on all these things Randy. Just reaffirms that great minds think alike!

Randy said...

I'm also reading Wright's book. Good stuff. Others have told me that Heroes has picked up it up. I had given up; but I'll give it a 3rd chance! "24" is stellar!