Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent

My wife 'lent' me an idea for Lent. Instead of abstaining from some kind of food, like I have in the past, she suggested that I abstain from negativity. Nothing negative for 40 days.

No complaining about anyone or anything. Nada. Zippo. Nothing.

I have taken the challenge. She has given me an insight that, while not flattering, is honest. Isn't that a quality we all want in our marriages? (In my friendships, too!)

So today I begin a journey on not being negative. I don't want to become 'a grumpy old man'.

I do find that being negative comes fairly easily for me. It must be my default setting. Today, we begin the process of rewiring my hard drive.

I'll keep you up do date on my progress. See, I'm being positive already!

1 comment:

trent said...

awesome. i think i need to try that one.