Friday, February 13, 2009

Movies, Sermons & Declining Growth

I've had a lot of people to tell me to go and see "Slumdog Millionaire". The thing is, I have a rule about R rated movies. I try and not see them. Although, I did see "Passion of the Christ." (Even rented a theater!) Even a lot of "PG 13" movies would have been "R" a few years ago -- all the "rules" about movies often gets muddled (a get that).

If you have seen it please pass on your review. I also want to see "Defiance" (it's also "R"), and "Gran Torino" (rated "R") as well.

Preaching on "The Blessings of a Church That Prays." Its the second installment a four part series.

I was encouraged to see that in Utah (along with Rhode Island) the churches of Christ show at least a 5% growth. What was really discouraging was to see the churches of Christ declining in most areas of the country. What is it doing in your neck of the woods? Is your church growing? Maintianing? Declining? and why?

No comments: