Monday, March 25, 2013

You Don't Want God On Your Side!


You Don’t Want God On Your Side!



I’ve always wanted God on my side – until I read this conversation in Joshua 5: 13-15:

Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, “Are you for us or for our enemies?”
“Neither,” he replied, “but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, “What message does my Lord have for his servant?”
The commander of the Lord’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.

Joshua’s question is understandable.  He wants to know if God is on his side.  For the commander of the Lord’s army that is not the issue.  In fact, the commander says that God is not on either side!

The important thing is for Joshua to be on God’s side! 

During the Civil War when the outcome was still in the balance, someone commented to Abraham Lincoln, “do you think God is on your side?”   Lincoln replied, “That is not my main concern.  My concern is that I’m on God’s side!” 

My prayer today is that I am on God’s side.   I don’t pray that he’ll bless what I’m doing; I pray that I’ll be doing what he blesses!

It goes back to the question the kid’s song asks, “Whose side on your living on?  I’m living on the Lord’s side!”

Be on God's side!  
Randy

No comments: