Thursday, December 08, 2005

Favorite Books of 2005

With all due respect to Julie Andrews - here are a few of my favorite things from 2005. I know that as soon as a publish this post, I'll think of a book or movie that I forgot about. (Some of these were released before 2005 - I'm including them because I either read or saw them in 2005. )

My favorite Christian books 0f 2005:
1.) Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
2.) Visioneering by Andy Stanley
3.) Breakout Churches by Tom Rainer
4.) The Present Future by Reggie Neal
5.) Creating Community by Andy Stanley


Favorite Fiction books:

1.) Half Blood Prince
2.) Kite Runner
3.) Lion, Witch & Wardrobe
4.) Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo
5.) Because of Winn-Dixie
6.) Color of Law

Favorite Movies of 2005:

Cinderella Man
Narnia
Star Wars III
Batman Begins
Walk the Line
Goblet of Fire
To End All Wars (on DVD)
Willie Wonka & Chocolate Factory
Hitch

What are some of your favorite things of 2005?

3 comments:

Dave said...

Blue Like jazz was good, but my favorite book of 2005 was was Rob Bell's "velvet Elvis"...By the way, if you havent checked out his "Nooma" stuff, you are totally missing out on a great video ministry.

Favorite movie? "Good Night and Good Luck".

Favorite Ablum? Prbably Spoon's "Gimme Fiction"

Happy holidays big dogg.

Randy said...

dave, I just ordered Rob Well's book on Amazon. Do you give a money back offer? Haven't see "Good Night and Good Luck" -but you've got to go see Walk The Line.
Okay, about that album . . .

Courtney & Co. said...

My favroite movies (in no certain order):

Narnia
Goblet of Fire
Star Wars III
Hitch
March of the Penguins
(Honestly, they're the only movies I've seen this year!)

My favorite book was the Half Blood Prince. . .I really enjoyed it and can't wait to the 7th