Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year - a new blog?

2005 is drawing to a rapid close. It has been a year of milestones for me and my family. My oldest daugther went off to college. (That was harder than I thought is was going to be). My youngest daughter needed hearing aids. (A real answer to prayer - the insurance reversed its original stance and paid all but $500 of the bill!! Praise God!) My wife, Kathy, went to work part time to help pay for college. My step father is currently undergoing his second round of chemo therapy.
And yet, through all of this - God is good. I remember the story of a minister who almost drowned. He was rescued and given mouth to mouth. As the minister came back to life he looked in the eyes of his spiritual mentor and said, "Boy, God is good!" to which to old mentor replied, "If you would have drowned; God would still be good!"
I don't know what you've faced this past year or what you will face next year. But what I do know is this: God is good. ALL the time!

1 comment:

Randy said...

Boy, how true! How true! Thanks, and know that you are constantly in our prayers. Tony shipped out today. You all are being soaked in prayer!