Thursday, December 22, 2005

It is finshed?

I'm on a quest during these two weeks that I have no sermon to prepare for. I love Paul's statement, "I have run the race, I have finished the course . . ." The idea of finishing something is exhilirating . . . gives you a since of accomplishment. Its a good feeling, isn't it?
So, during these two weeks of "down time" - I hope to finish some things I have started. i have already finished a movie I started a month ago - saw the second half a few nights ago. I now hope to finish MYST III Exile, which I've had for several years now. I have a two portraits to finish - maybe I'll just pick one and complete the drawing for the person who commissioned it. I hope to finish reading "Magician's Nephew," "Ender's Game" & "Freakonomics," before starting any other new books.
I'm great at starting things, but not always finishing. This, I hope, will be a season of finishing! Which, come to think of it, has already started. I've finished my Christmas shopping and this blog!
I'm off to a great start! Anything you want to finish?

No comments: