Friday, March 04, 2005

Discovering praise/worship rescources

On Monday night several of us went to a Bebo Norman concert here in Salt Lake. Sara Kelly was the opening, and she sang a song entitled, "Living Hallelujah" which just blew me away. Yesterday, a good friend of mine, Jon Paul Dennis, who is the worship minister at the Shannon Oaks Church in Sulphur Springs, TX (if you're in the area I would encourage you to go visit this great church!), told me about Chris Tomlin. Wow! I love his song, "Coming Home". What a powerful song to invite us to come back home to God. I bought two of his cds - I'm listening to them for the first time as I write this. GREAT!!!!
Some of my other favorites to worship with: Mercy Me, Darlene Zschech and Dennis Jernigan.
And, yes, I do listen to Acappella worship. Zoe is my favorite. Some of the cds from "Acappella" are good to worship with as well. Free Indeed with Jerome Williams is a great source for acappella worship.
What are your favorite praise and worship cds? Any recommendations?
I don't know about you, but I'm finding myself listening to music that enourages me to worship rather than just entertain me. Does that ring true for you?

No comments: