Tuesday, March 22, 2005

how's your brackets?

I don't know about you - but my brackets look like downtown Beruit. Good grief! Well, I guess my status as a prophet will have to wait another year. My final four is still in tact - and my runnin' Utes are still runnin'! Is your favorite team still in it?

God's timing always amazes me. We've had a lady in our congregation who has been absent in the assembly for about a year. I'm in a prayer accountability group of ministers - one of our commitments is to pray for everyone in our congregations, by name, every week. So, I pray for this woman every week. Last Sunday night, as I was praying through the church directory (it becomes a prayer manual!) - God told me to give her a call. So I did. Well, she was in assembly on Sunday! She asked to speak to me after worship. She said that she was thinking of suicide - and that she had left her answering machine unplugged. She asked for a sign from God that he cared for her. When she came home - the light was blinking on her machine! She hit the play button and heard my voice. She said she played the message over and over! Wow! God's timing always amazes me.

If that story doesn't motivate you to pray for your congregation and contact those who haven't been in assembly of late, I don't know what will.

No comments: