Tuesday, April 19, 2005

a decision

Today I was to attend an annual ministry conference here in Salt Lake - given by local ministers in area of ministry in which they have been successful. I always enjoy getting together with fellow ministers - a day of networking, encouraging. For an "otter" like me - its 7 hours of heaven.
For the last 6 months Tuesday has been my day off since my wife is now working part time at a elementary school. My five year old calls it "Terriffic Tuesday" - we go to McDonald's for lunch, storytime with Miss Susan, a few hours of playing Barbie - well, you get the idea. She starts counting down the days around Saturday -- "three days till Tuesday!" she'll say clapping her hands. Hannah is in heaven on Tuesday - the whole day to have dad to herself.
This year the conference happened to be on Tuesday. Decision time! Ministry or McDonald's? Today, I chose to spend the day with Hannah. There will be other conferences - she is only five once. These are the days to be cherished - to make memories.
Had a decision today. Do you have a decision today?

2 comments:

Courtney & Co. said...

I've decided:
Love doesn't mean being around people you're comfortable with, it means making the people you're with feel comfortable!

Through God's supreme grace, I am now putting this mindset into action. Please pray that I can truly walk the walk!

Randy said...

Courtney, Well said. I love the quote on love! Thanks for sharing that.