Friday, April 22, 2005

Things I Miss

Although I love Utah, theres no place like home . . . being raised in central Arkansas, I was thinking of the things I miss about the homeland-
Fried catfish and hushpuppies and sweet iced tea. Never, never order ice tea in a resturant in Utah. It will be stronger than your Aunt Ethel's perfume. Its more like tea concentrate.
Thunderstorms. I love a good thunderstorm.
Good B-B-Q (just writing it like that brings back memories). Notice, I said GOOD b-b-q. Utahans wouldn't know good ribs if they walked up and slapped them in the face and said that Joseph Smith was a Baptist. You've got to wash it down with sweet iced tea!
Doughnuts. The best doughnuts in the world were to be found at Clement's Doughnuts in downtown Conway, Arkansas! They had this white cream filled . . . . ah, man was it delicious. Anybody know - is it still there?
Shorty's Little Pig Number Three. (Mom and Pop hamburger drive-ins are the best! Each have a unique way of making a burger and fries. ) One of the mysteries of life - where is the Little Pig #1 and #2?
Family. I do miss seeing family any time I wanted. Sunday afternoons just sitting around talking - drinking sweet ice tea in a mason jar. It just tastes better in a mason jar.
I miss going to a resturant, ordering iced tea and being brought sweet tea unless you requested otherwise. I miss all the trees and folage. I miss people saying, "ya'll" and "fixin' to". I miss seeing Razorback stuff everywhere you go!

1 comment:

Chris Benjamin said...

Ah Randy, you make me proud to live in Hogland! I am almost ashamed to admit I had BBQ today. It was good but not the best in Ark - for that you must go to Hot Springs and visit McLard's. Come see us and we'll take care of your reorientation to Arkansas living.

cb