Wednesday, April 13, 2005

the last 24 hours

Sometimes it amazing how much life can happen in just 24 hours. In just a few hours of each other I got the news that I did not have MS or Lupus - a time of thanking God and rejoicing - while a member of our church received a call from her doctor that she did have MS. Another call - a couple in our church is having trouble in their marriage. A man who has been a part of our Thursday morning prayer group informs us that he has decided to be a part of our church plant and help them plant more churches. I will miss him! My secretary is trying to schedule a time for surgery.
What is God up to? After being a minister for 23 years, I confess that God is still a mystery to me. Why does he heal one person and not another? Why does he send people from one city to another? A close friend, who you think is an important part of your church, is led to be a part of your daughter church - 18 months after it starts?
God is a mystery to me. His ways are higher than my ways. His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.
I love this quote my Lucado - "When you can't trace God's hand; trust His heart."
I'm trying.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Daddy,

I don't know about you, but I'm glad that God is mysterious, I wouldn't like to know him in his whole light. It is like you said, there are somethings only the parents should worry about, I think my heavenly father knows that line by heart. I love u!