Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Finishing Season!

Remember the feeling of finishing a term paper? Recall the high of taking the last class for that college degree? Better yet, men, you probably are still feeling the pure euphoria of getting that "honeydo" project done? (Which reminds me . . . )

I love the feeling I get when I finish something. In the past few days, I've finished journaling in Acts (which took about a year!), finished reading two books - the Fred Factor & Because of Winn-Dixie (my 14 year old daugther and I saw the movie and we wanted to read the book together) - have one more sermon in my "Sailing the Leadership" series (a series of sermons on selecting "elders") - and it will be finished! Man, I love that feeling!

Finished anything lately?

Jesus summed it all up with these few words - "It is finished."

Reminds me of the power of Paul's words, I have run the race - I have finished the course. Its not enough to run the race - we need to finish and finish strong! When we finish our race - we will hear the words, well done! Man, we'll love that feeling!

How many do you know that started the Christian race, but did not finished?

Lets be "finishers"! Think of discipleship as the ultimate "finishing school".

Time to finish this blog.

1 comment:

Chris Benjamin said...

Randy:

Good to hear from you and find your blog.

You can find my email on the West-Ark website

www.westark.org

CB