Monday, July 17, 2006


Had a fun day at church yesterday! For the sermon I got all the kids to come down and sit down on the floor with me and we talked to them about the importance of loving others from the movies "Cars". Oh, boy - you never know what children will say! (Old enought to remember "House Party" with Art Linkletter? Yeah). They enjoyed; the congregation enjoyed it; I enjoyed - and I think the Lord smiled as well. It was a good reminder that church is for the children, too! You should have seen their eyes light up with I put a picture of Lightning McQueen on the screen! That was priceless.
This week is Vacation Bible School. Our theme is "The Amazing Race". We don't use those pre-canned VBS kits. Oh, no! We write everything ourselves - which is half the value of doing it! A lot of good bonding time. Gets a lot of people involved.
We'll wrap up the week on Thursday night with Carnival in the Park. We went blow ups; grill hot dogs and hamburgers, have game booths, rock climbing, etc. (This year we hope to have a race care on display!). Usually about 400 folks show up! This year we're having it right next to where our new building will be located - so we're inviting the surrounding communities to come and join us. No telling how many we'll have this year! I'm hoping for 600!
Hopefully, I'll get some pictures tonight and post them on this blog to show you VBS Southside style!

2 comments:

Courtney & Co. said...

Oh how I wish we were there!

Randy said...

Courtney, I wish you were here too!