Friday, July 07, 2006

Weekend is Here!


Went to see the funniest movie that I've seen in a long time a few days ago! Go see "RV" with Robin Williams. In Salt Lake it is on at the dollar theater. Very, very funny movie with a great point to make about family! I haven't laughed that hard and that often in a movie for I can't remember when.

Looking forward to seeing "Dead Man's Chest" (Pirates, part 2) tonight. Got the tickets yesterday and the Clay Clan is all fired up.

Just saw the DVD of Jeff Walling's presentation at the North America Christian Convention. You gotta see it! Many are calling it an historical occasion in the relationship between churches of Christ and the indpendent Christian churches. Boy, I hope so! The DVD is very moving. Jerry Lewis (love that name!), from The Point Christian Church, brought it by for me to see. A few years ago he and I swapped churches for a day when he was at Southeast Christian here in Salt Lake. That was a lot of fun. Hope we do it again soon!

Well, I'm almost half way through my radiation treatments. May be the most expensive "tan" I'll ever get! So far, so good.

Hope you have a great weekend. Take a Sabbath day! Unplug. Unwind. It'll do you good.

2 comments:

preacherman said...

Randy,

I saw Superman this past weekend and it was awesome. I looked for spiritual points. Man oh, man...
I can't wait to see RV. Pirates was great.
God bless Jeff Walling, he is great.
Praying for the church daily.
Randy I enjoy reading your blog...I am going to frequent it.
God bless you as you minister and serve Him.

Randy said...

Gerry - Well, I'll be! Yes, let's catch up! Call me! Email! Something! Much to catch up on!