Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Clay Clip Joint


Was giving my dog Saturn, a Jack Russell terrier, a haircut yesterday. I hate to pay someone forty bucks to clip him, so I bought some clippers at Costco thirteen years ago so I could do it myself. Up until now I figured that I have saved a lot of money. Yesterday I was trimming his face with the scissors when he suddenly turned his head - the scissors cut right into my left hand thumb (which I was using to hold him still). After bleeding for a few hours, I went to an instant care and got four stitches! Ouch! Not a grat way to start the fourth. Although yesterday was a pretty expensive clip, I figure that I'm still way ahead.

Got a question. Gas grill or the old fashion charcoal kind? Can you tell a difference in the taste? My wife says "no, you can't tell the difference," to which I say, "Bull butter! You can tell the difference!" I'm just too lazy to light the coals, wait for them to turn white hot and grill. (Not to mention the clean up.) I must confess, I prefer charcoal. Any comments?

Have a great fourth of July. And thank God for the freedoms we enjoy!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Charcoal is the only way to go brother.

There is a distinctive difference...

..Although if you place unsued charcoals in the pit of your gass grill, you can recover some of that charcoaled flavor, though it's still not what I'd recommend.

Courtney & Co. said...

Any comments you ask. . .
All I can say is that I can't wait for the opportunity to use "Bull Butter!" in a sentence