Thursday, March 05, 2009

Straying Sheep

We have another baptism tonight! Boy, I love that! I love seeing new births.

Went to a workshop yesterday hosted by Roy Christian Church on how to close the back door (people leaving) of our churches. It was really good. It was not about selling a program or a book. It was all down to earth, solid, biblical ideas on how to take better care of our members.

I will say this - I use to believe that well cared for sheep would not stray. I no longer believe that. Perhaps, well cared for sheep will return when the glitz and glammer of mega church wear off?

I don't know if we'll ever close the back door. I do know that we can all take better care of the sheep. They will still wander - we can't stop that. Perhapas, we can "slow the flow". We'll see.

What is your church doing to close the back door? I would to hear what you are doing.

Well, the West Jordan Jaguars have reached the semi-finals in the boys basketball tourney. That's exciting.

No comments: