Friday, December 05, 2008

Books and football.

Picked up "John Adams" again. This time, I vow to finish it! I loved the mini series. I'm also finishing an audio book on Ben Franklin. Great book. After listening to 1776 on CD, and watching John Adams, I find myself interested in learning about the leaders of the revolution. I'm also reading "George Washington on Leadership". I'm looking for a good book on Thomas Jefferson. Any recommends?

Just started "Eat This Book" by Eugene Peterson. It came highly recommended.

Looking forward to some college football this weekend. Florida should take down 'Bama; Oklahoma will destroy Mizzou. To be honest, I'm getting a little turned off with college football after what happend to Tommy Tuberville at Auburn. He has a 75% winning percentage, yet is fired for one bad season? Are you kidding me? He walks away with a 5.1 million dollar buyout? I'm not an Auburn fan - I'm just not a fan of firing a guy because of one bad season. Good grief.

Florida vs. Oklahoma for the national championship! That would be a great game. (See. My attitude is improving already!)

Texas vs. Utah in Fesita Bowl. Hummmm. That would be an interesting matchup.

No comments: