Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Catching up

I know, I know. I haven't posted in a long time. One day became one week. One week became . . . you know how it goes.

I'll try and catch you up on a few things.

Just finished a great Christmas read, "Grace" by Richard Paul Evans. I love all his books. He is best known for "The Christmas Box". Right now I'm reading "Simply Christian" by N.T. Wright; "Rubber Band Leadership' by Nancy Ortberg; "Praying" by J.I. Packer & Carolyn Nystrom; and last, but not least, "Divine Justice" by David Baldacci.

My brother in-law called me a few days ago to tell me that he is taking me to the Holy Land next summer for a ten day tour! Now, that's a good brother in-law! I've always wanted to go. Can't wait! If' you've been and have some tips to share, please pass them on!

Where have all the good movies gone? Haven't been to the theater in almost 2 months. (Well, I did take my kids to see High School Musical 3 - I'm not counting that!). Did see the trailer for "Star Trek" coming out in May '09. Yes, I'm an old Trekkie.

I would ask your prayers for my mother. She is undergoing chemo therapy treatments for ovarian cancer. Her attitude is good. She goes once every three weeks for 18 weeks.

No comments: