Monday, May 15, 2006

Getting the Swamp to Swamp

Been spending a lot of time on my roof the last few days. Trying to cet the swamp cooler to swamping. Can't get the fittings on the copper tubing to stop leaking. Now, keep in mind - plumbing (nor is climbing latters) is not my spiritual gift. Each year this is a test - to see who will win - me or the swamping gods.
You would think that some brother or sister would by now know of my lack of "do-it-yourself" skills and come to my rescue. No such luck. Its as if God is saying - this is your Mt.Carmel, Clay - suck it up and get it going. (Actually, the job is to get the swamp to suck the water, but so far . . .)
And so, today I was told to try to use plumbers tape on the compression nuts (yes, this job is driving me nuts!) and that will seal the joint on the tube. Hey, I'll try anything at this point.
Pray for me. While my family is roasting, I am getting hot under the collar for my lack of success this year. Usually, after a dozen trips to Lowe's (to get high on my roof!) I luck into getting the thing working. I'm over due this year.
Kinda funny though, I'm in a drought hooking up a water cooler. God does have a sense of humor.
I'll let you know when the water flows on the altar.
-- Un fix it man.

No comments: