Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Could have been in Malibu!

Had plans to be in sunny Malibu,California this week. Instead, I flew to Oklahoma City to ride back with my daughter who just finished her freshman year at Oklahoma Christian University. Got to tour Oklahoma, Kansas, eastern Colorado, southern Wyoming. After that 23 hour tour of said lovely scenery, I was asked to host and conduct a funeral for a father of one of our members. So, the last two days was spent getting our building ready, talking with the family, getting food prepared for forty people. Needless to say, Southside rallied the troops and got er done.
As a minister, one of the only things I hate about my job is funerals (with hospital visits a close second). I like blessing babies. I like Christmas Eve candlelight service. Love Easter. VBS is always a hoot. Enjoy preaching (and sermon prep -- love to read and learn new things!). But funerals - no. Love to pastor people, though. And face it - people are really open to spiritual things during such a time.
But it doesn't mean I have to like it.
Tomorrow, a prayer breakfast with the Gov. at Little America. My daugther Rebecca gets an award for outstanding student in MESA Thursday evening. Sorry, had a brag a little.
Got an invitation for a free ticket at Maxium Impact - a seminar on satelite with John Maxwell and an all star line up of "leaders" on Friday! Really looking forward to that.
Almost as good as being at Malibu? No, but close enough.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey there. Big sis is back in town! Your little one must be in heaven. Tell Becca congratulations on her achievement in MESA. Hope we have a chance to catch up soon.